HOLY CROSS CHURCH
COVID SECURITY GUIDELINES – UPDATE FROM THE DIOCESE: Following the recent changes in the regulations from the Government, the Diocese has issued updated guidelines for continued safe and covid-secure worship in the church.
I hope you are enjoying the sunshine this Spring and are eagerly looking forward to the easing of all restrictions. It will be a great time for us to sing and praise the Lord again soon as we used to do as God’s community. From the beginning of the Pandemic, we have not been able to have our singing, children’s liturgy, gatherings... the church is half empty now due to the 1m restrictions. The Pandemic taught us the lessons of isolation, restrictions, lockdowns, fears, pains, loss and deaths... And now it is a time for us to have a great reset... - a reset in our personal life...to set our feet towards Jesus Christ and to change our way of life to have a peaceful and meaning life with our fellow human beings and with nature. - a reset in our community life...to establish God’s Kingdom in our midst [Luke 17:21]. In order to achieve this vision in our parish and in our community, we are planning to create parish teams for Catechesis, Formation and Evangelisation. If you feel a call to join in these initiatives, please talk to me. May the Almighty God bless us and our people as we are getting ready for this reset. Fr Antony
All the Masses will be live-streamed: https://holy-cross-stream.click2stream.com
Please invite your family also to join prayer. Meeting ID: 7578777461; Passcode: 20212021.
- Please always keep 1m distance between families/people/bubbles inside and outside the church. Please note: Keeping 1m distance is your responsibility and the Welcome Ministers are there to support you.
- Please wear a face mask at all times, unless you are exempt.
- Please ensure you sanitise your hands as you enter and leave the church.
- 9pm for Night Prayer [every day except Saturday]: In this Pandemic, let us pray together as God’s family and receive His blessings before going to sleep.
- Baptism Congratulations: Last Saturday 5th June we baptised Emmanuel Chisom Opara, the son of Cajetan and Annatasia. On Sunday 6th June those at the 11.30 Mass witnessed the Baptism of Jacobo Alonso Lopez, son of Enrique and Fatima. Many congratulations to Emmanuel and Jacobo and their parents from all at Holy Cross.
- First Holy Communion: There will be two Masses for the children to receive their First Holy Communion - Saturday, July 17th and Saturday July 24th, both at 10.00 a.m. Please keep the children in your prayers. First Holy Communion Celebration for Both the 2020 And 2021 Children: In September this year, we will have the final sessions and celebration for the children who received this Sacrament in both 2020 and 2021. The dates for each session will be given nearer the time. All the children will be presented with their certificates at that time.
- Confirmation: The next session will take place on the 19thJune at 5pm in Hartley Hall. The catechises will be given by Ossie and Margaret Folkes.
This year, the Celebrations for Holy Week and the Sacred Triduum will be in the presence of Christ’s faithful. This differs from the situation faced last year when acts of public worship were suspended because of the covid-19 pandemic.Please remember that we follow...
- The wearing of face coverings in church by the faithful (unless the person has a valid exemption from this regulation)
- Social distancing of people within the church building
- Frequent hand cleansing with sanitiser
- Good ventilation of the church building to refresh the air quality within
- Cleaning of the church building after each act of public worship
- The timely dispersing of the faithful after the acts of worship avoiding congregating in car parks or on the streets outside the church.