Fr. Antony Megalan Sellam
Open Tue & Thu
Holy Cross School
[020 8698 2675]
Executive Headteacher:Miss Mary Collins
Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate
Holy Cross Bookshop
4 Brownhill Road, Catford
First Holy Communion:
Judy & Fabian Chen
St Vincent De Paul 07835 188411
Safeguarding Line 07598 524024
Third Thursday Time TTT
Newsletter matters to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday.
ALL ARE WELCOME
Please take a look inside our Church.
Whenever we come into the presence of God in this holy church of
Holy Cross - Catford,we experience both invisible communion with God
and visible communion with each other. For more than a century, this beautiful church has been a spiritual power House for people
to have shared in this invisible and visible communion.
Please come and taste this unconditional love of God and to experience this friendly atmosphere in our Holy Cross parish.
Sunday 26th June 2022 : 13th Sunday in Ordinary Time
Today’s readings are similar in that they are about making decisive choices. The prophet Elijah - thought by Jews to be the greatest prophet - was clearly impatient with Elisha when he wanted to say goodbye to his parents before setting out on his career as a prophet. Elijah took this delay to indicate a lack of resolve on Elisha’s part.
Similarly in the Gospel some listeners approach to join Jesus. One would-be disciple claims that he will follow wherever he goes. Jesus is straight with him - consider the consequences! A follower must prioritise God’s will over his own. Another man wants to “bury his father.” Another wants to say his goodbyes. It reminds us of Elijah in the first reading. Jesus, in this different situation, calls him to single-mindedness. No one can be a disciple of Jesus while looking back at what is behind them and still move forward undistracted
Please take a copy of the Newsletter home with you - please do not leave it in the church. Thank you.
- School Signing In: If you have children of school age who require a parish priest reference for their school application, please note that from Saturday 21st May you will need to complete the signing in sheets that will be available at the school side entrance only, every week after
- The Bethlehem Nativity Group from Bethlehem, Holy Land, will be
with us on this weekend 25th
- 26th June to sell religious articles made
out of Olive Wood to help and support poor Christian families
- Many Thanks Dear Bishop Patrick Lynch
A reminder that Bishop Pat is due to visit us for the
solemnity of The Most Sacred Heart of Jesus this Friday
(June 24th) and celebrate at the 7:00 pm Mass.
Bishop Pat will be presented with the collections from this last
week. It will be a personal gift from you to him,
- Application Forms – 2022/23: The application forms for First Holy Communion, Confirmation and RCIA for next year, will be available from Monday 23rd May. Please collect the forms you require from Fr Antony after any of the weekday Masses. The deadline to submit your application form will be 25th July. All programmes are due to start in September 2022.
- Money Matters
Day for Life: £153
Thank you all for your kindness and generosity.
OUR PARISH RESPONSE TO COVID 19 PANDEMIC - Updates
COVID SECURITY GUIDELINES : Following the recent changes(Friday 10 dec) in the regulations from the Government, the parish has issued updated guidelines for continued safe and covid-secure worship in the church.The latest document is Guidances for Churches December 2021
- Please note that the Mass times have been reviewed : See below (Mass Times and Intentions)
All the Masses will be live-streamed: https://holy-cross-stream.click2stream.com
- With respect to the current situation with the omicron variant it is important to ensure the following points are followed in our churches:
That people displaying any symptoms of covid-19 should stay at home and not travel to church or participate in person.
- That there is good ventilation and air throughput in the building; in this case, because of climatic conditions, please do wrap up warmly when coming to the church as we may need to leave doors open.